My drugstore/ highstreet everyday makeup
So this is one that I get asked a lot on instagram...every day makeup! There was no specific need to make this high street pieces, but I always think this is better as most of the time we don't need to spend tonnes and this way most of you can purchase these items yourself if you want to! Plus these are my absolute must haves and I wear these as an everyday look. *Note I do not wear a full face of makeup everyday but these are the items I use if I do*.
Here they all are together so lets get started...
so first... The Base Layer (all in the photo below):
1. Ren BB Creme - £28 - This may not seem the cheapest BB creme out there but my skin is so allergic to lots of different products that have too many nasty chemicals in them. This, however, causes no reaction and actually leaves my skin much brighter and moisturised even after I've removed all my makeup. It looks kind of dark and thick when you first squeeze it out but you need so little (the product goes a long way) and it adjusts to your skin tone so well. I LOVE. Often I wear this alone without foundation. Also with SPF 15 you are protected against the sun everyday. Always a bonus.
2. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24Hr -£29.50 - I use this foundation because my mum has been wearing for as long as I can remember. I love that you literally do only have to apply this once and it does last all day. Theres a really good coverage with this without looking waxy, greasy or too thick. Theres still a nice matt look without having to put any powder on. Again, a great one for people with sensitive skin. I don't see me ever changing.
3. Maybelline Dream Touch Lumi Concealer - £ 6.99 - I haven't been much of a concealer user, but since everyone seems to be highlighting and contouring I bought this the other day and I do think it makes a big difference. I can't say that this is the best I've ever tried because Im not an experienced concealer user. However, the ivory colour was perfect for my skin tone and I noticed it makes a significant difference to under eye bags and on my cheek bones. I think I'll be looking out for one with a little more coverage next time, but I do love the brush and I think this is the perfect non-expensive concealer.
1. Concealer Brush No.7 - £8.00 - I use this brush simply for contouring on my nose, using one of the palettes you will see later. I just liked that it wasn't expensive as who wants to spend tonnes on something they need for the smallest job! Not me. It is however perfect for this job and i love the sturdiness of this brush and fine point.
2. Bobbi Brown Blusher Brush - £35.00 - I got this brush for my birthday two years ago and I remember how excited I was for it. It is so soft and the shape is absolutely perfect for just one swipe in your blusher and thats all! Everyone that I know LOVES this brush. Its definitely worth investing in, its no surprise this has won many awards.
3. Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush - £40.00 - I've had this brush for a while and was using a much cheaper shorter brush and I have absolutely no clue what was going through my mind!? This is the best thing ever. Again the shape is ideal for bronzer and not going over board. I also like that its not a huge brush head so you can be more precise when using powder contouring palettes.
Now Contouring, Bronzing and Blusher:
1. Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder - Medium/Dark - £7.99 - I was spending a lot on Mac bronzing powders, before reverting back to this bronzer. I love the smell of this and the fact that it doesn't get absolutely everywhere. You get great coverage and it lasts forever. Recommend. I have been using it since I was about 16 (not the same one don't worry).
2. Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit - £6.49 - I was looking for a contouring kit to start me off in the contour game. I thought I would want liquid/cream as I have dry skin and merely got this powder version to test out this theory and because it was cheap. However, personally I have found that overly contouring makes me look rather severe as I already have some cheekbone visible so I prefer to just add a little powder. This set is perfect for that and the shades are nice and varied for the right kind of colouring. I'd get this if you're new to contouring like me and don't want to go out looking like a clown or want a less harsh look.
3. Bobbi Brown Blush - Apricot - £19.50 - I have had this blusher forever, it lasts for so long. (unless you drop it like I have...even though I'm still managing to use the crushed blusher). The blusher itself is very silky and brushes on so easily and evenly, leaving a natural and matte finish that I love. I don't like creme blushers so this powder one is perfect. I am also a huge fan of this shade. Looks so natural and I would never leave the house without this.
I dont do much on my eyes for a day to day look but when Im going out and looking for a more natural look I would use one of these palettes.
1. Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara - £20 - Lancome does the best mascara. Without a doubt. Ive tried so many but I always return to Lancome. I tend to change with whatever their latest is, but so far the ones that create the longest, most natural lashes, due to the brush shape, have been 'doll eyes' and 'hypnose star'. I tend to buy them at airports at duty free.
2. Barry M white kohl pencil - £2.99 - Im a big fan of lining the inside of my eyes with white to make them look bigger. This pencil is so cheap and so soft and easy to use, so not too harsh on the area I'm using it for!
3. W7 In the buff: Lightly toasted natural nudes eye shadow - £9.99 - I posted this find on my instagram. I wasn't hugely aware of them but they do such affordable eye shadow palettes and nail varnishes, they are worth checking out (I even bought mine in TK Maxx and it was even cheaper..but shh). This is like a much cheaper version of the Urban Decay naked palette and I absolutely love the glittery shades it has, perfect for going out looks and also the more skin coloured nudes are perfect for day time.
4. Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude Eye Palette - £49 - The less glittery colours in here are my day time favourites. The lightest colour I'm obsessed with and is great for blending into the corners of your eyes.
1. Mac Liner - Spice - £12.50 - I hear this one on every beauty blog out there but it really is the greatest. Such a smooth luxurious pencil and a nice nude colour for everyday.
2. Mac Half n Half Amplified - £15.50 - I used to love a more matte lipstick but I find that the amplified lipsticks are less drying and they also aren't too shiny so a great day time look. Its a reasonably light colour so doesn't wash out your face like some other browner lipsticks can. This is my new go to.
I hope this was helpful and if you have any favourite everyday products let me know! Either leave me a comment, or tell me on instagram @blaisedyer . I have linked below a few of my favourites from above, just click on them to find where you can buy! Don't forget to hit the follow buttons!